There are 16 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 1988.
This generation ranks 11th in reliability out of 33 overall Mercury generations.
This generation has been recalled 11 times. It's also part of 6 investigations and has 166 TSBs.
- fuel system fuel injectors stop working in the 1985 Grand Marquis at 101000 miles
- cooling system running hot in the 1985 Grand Marquis at 38328 miles
- engine surges in the 1990 Grand Marquis at 42000 miles
- electrical car shuts off at idle in the 1988 Grand Marquis at 60000 miles
- electrical ignition module failed, engine runs roughly in the 1984 Grand Marquis at 227486 miles
- windows / windshield windows dont work in the 1988 Grand Marquis at 80000 miles