There are 62 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 1997.
This generation ranks 23rd in reliability out of 33 overall Mercury generations.
This generation has been recalled 27 times. It's also part of 54 investigations and has 597 TSBs.
- engine intake manifold failure in the 1997 Grand Marquis at 74122 miles
- cooling system melted manifold in the 1997 Grand Marquis at 62004 miles
- windows / windshield improper material selection in power window gearmotors in the 1993 Grand Marquis at 63000 miles
- cooling system overheating, plastic intake manifold leaking in the 1996 Grand Marquis at 65800 miles
- AC / heater A/C and heater spews out smelly stink in the 1995 Grand Marquis at 135000 miles
- engine cracked intake manifold in the 1996 Grand Marquis at 105000 miles