There are 58 owner complaints spread out over 5 years, but the most belong to the 2001.
This generation ranks 22nd in reliability out of 33 overall Mercury generations.
This generation has been recalled 27 times. It's also part of 24 investigations and has 566 TSBs.
- engine plastic intake manifold cracks in the 1998 Grand Marquis at 91500 miles
- AC / heater A/C died, the compressor blew in the 2001 Grand Marquis at 53500 miles
- engine cracked intake manifold in the 1999 Grand Marquis at 155333 miles
- engine intake manifold failure in the 2000 Grand Marquis at 69781 miles
- fuel system fuel pump failed in the 2001 Grand Marquis at 54681 miles
- cooling system plastic thermostat housing cracked in the 1998 Grand Marquis at 205000 miles