There are 127 owner complaints spread out over 9 years, but the most belong to the 2003.
This generation ranks 24th in reliability out of 33 overall Mercury generations.
This generation has been recalled 24 times. It's also part of 33 investigations and has 211 TSBs.
- lights headlights not working properly in the 2005 Grand Marquis at 83663 miles
- engine valve dropped through engine in the 2007 Grand Marquis at 76000 miles
- transmission transmission not working properly in the 2003 Grand Marquis at 46500 miles
- engine engine blown in the 2003 Grand Marquis at 77525 miles
- engine plastic intake manifold melted in the 2009 Grand Marquis at 72300 miles
- AC / heater electronic climate control failed in the 2003 Grand Marquis at 118478 miles