There are 106 owner complaints spread out over 4 years, but the most belong to the 2008.
This generation ranks 31st in reliability out of 33 overall Mercury generations.
This generation has been recalled 13 times. It's also part of 18 investigations and has 100 TSBs.
- transmission revs high and slips in the 2008 Mariner at 83375 miles
- steering power steering stopped working in the 2008 Mariner at 125966 miles
- engine engine loses power in the 2010 Mariner at 62725 miles
- engine check engine light on in the 2009 Mariner at 38000 miles
- transmission transmission went out in the 2008 Mariner at 107250 miles
- steering torque sensor is bad in the 2008 Mariner at 104904 miles