There are 27 owner complaints spread out over 4 years, but the most belong to the 2005.
This generation ranks 29th in reliability out of 33 overall Mercury generations.
This generation has been recalled 16 times. It's also part of 43 investigations and has 128 TSBs.
- transmission transmission went out in the 2004 Monterey at 61452 miles
- drivetrain timing chain oil leak in the 2007 Monterey at 8800 miles
- transmission transmission failure in the 2007 Monterey at 95388 miles
- transmission died while driving in the 2006 Monterey at 90000 miles
- electrical information center out in the 2006 Monterey at 77000 miles
- engine engine shuts down in the 2005 Monterey at 8000 miles