There are 30 owner complaints spread out over 5 years, but the most belong to the 2000.
This generation ranks 15th in reliability out of 33 overall Mercury generations.
This generation has been recalled 34 times. It's also part of 49 investigations and has 1251 TSBs.
- transmission Transmission Failure in the 2000 Mountaineer at 102750 miles
- engine running roughly in the 1999 Mountaineer at 130478 miles
- suspension sway bar links not working properly in the 1999 Mountaineer at 123010 miles
- fuel system gas gauge is inaccurate in the 2000 Mountaineer at 38000 miles
- accessories - interior dashboard display is faulty in the 2000 Mountaineer at 83450 miles
- seat belts / air bags side air bags deployed in park and causing injury in the 2001 Mountaineer at 123466 miles