There are 389 owner complaints spread out over 4 years, but the most belong to the 2002.
This generation ranks 33rd in reliability out of 33 overall Mercury generations.
This generation has been recalled 7 times. It's also part of 38 investigations and has 523 TSBs.
- transmission transmission failure in the 2002 Mountaineer at 97439 miles
- body / paint cracked rear panel in the 2004 Mountaineer at 64732 miles
- body / paint cracked panel below the rear window in the 2002 Mountaineer at 76171 miles
- transmission clunking into gear in the 2004 Mountaineer at 67386 miles
- accessories - interior broken gear shift in the 2002 Mountaineer at 130740 miles
- body / paint cracked black plastic panel at base of rear glass hatch in the 2003 Mountaineer at 66546 miles