There are 19 owner complaints spread out over 4 years, but the most belong to the 1993.
This generation ranks 18th in reliability out of 33 overall Mercury generations.
This generation has been recalled 24 times. It's also part of 32 investigations and has 407 TSBs.
- transmission transmission failure in the 1993 Sable at 113333 miles
- engine car stalls at freeway speeds in the 1993 Sable at 120667 miles
- engine blown head gasket in the 1992 Sable at 45000 miles
- transmission jerks, and gets stuck in gear in the 1993 Sable at 70000 miles
- brakes brake failure in the 1992 Sable at 40000 miles
- transmission sticks in park in the 1992 Sable at 80000 miles