There are 124 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 2003.
This generation ranks 30th in reliability out of 33 overall Mercury generations.
This generation has been recalled 27 times. It's also part of 132 investigations and has 503 TSBs.
- transmission not engaging in the 2003 Sable at 91767 miles
- transmission transmission failure in the 2005 Sable at 75917 miles
- transmission bad torque converter in the 2002 Sable at 87333 miles
- transmission transmision failure in the 2004 Sable at 76723 miles
- suspension broken springs in the 2000 Sable at 94000 miles
- electrical interior (dome) lights won't turn off in the 2000 Sable at 90500 miles