There are 15 owner complaints spread out over 4 years, but the most belong to the 2002.
This generation ranks 12th in reliability out of 33 overall Mercury generations.
This generation has been recalled 7 times. It's also part of 2 investigations and has 254 TSBs.
- AC / heater A/C blows hot air in the 2001 Villager at 80000 miles
- engine rough start and idle in the 1999 Villager at 70000 miles
- body / paint frame and doors rusting out in the 1999 Villager at 100000 miles
- electrical won't start in the 2000 Villager at 83000 miles
- AC / heater ac freon leak in the 1999 Villager at 120000 miles
- electrical multiple electrical issues in the 2002 Villager at 148500 miles