ETB Puts Mariner and Milan in Limp Home Mode
It's been a long road for electronic throttle body (ETB) complaints in Ford and Mercury vehicles. It's been an even longer road for owners with ETBs that are prone to sudden surges, dangerous stalls, and being sent into 'limp home mode' whi…
What Are We Missing?
We know there's more problems than this. Let us know which one you'd like to see us cover next.
Where Engine Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- 1997 Grand Marquis intake manifold failure 8 (100%)
- 2010 Milan engine stalls/dies while driving 8 (100%)
- 2010 Milan electronic throttle malfunction 8 (100%)
- 2010 Mariner engine loses power 5 (63%)
- 1999 Cougar runs roughly, stalls 5 (63%)
- 2002 Mountaineer check engine light on 4 (50%)
- 1999 Grand Marquis cracked intake manifold 3 (38%)